It's Just Pizza!

Because complaining to your coworkers just isn't enough. A server's tales of all the laughs, cries, frustrations, and weirdos that walk into a small town pizza place.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

here's one for the books

Ok, I've got a good one for ya. And this is such a great way to get this blog going.

Earlier this week, I went into work with a smile on my face, a new tshirt that I absolutely love, and refreshed attitude from having four days off to go be in a wedding in the beautiful North Georgia mountains. I'm serving up some oven fresh pizza, and lots of wings, on this relatively calm night, when I go to clear off my table I pick up the credit card receipts and find a little note written on the back of one of them. I kid you not, it read, "Don't charge for kids drinks, you'll make much more in tips!" It was accompanied with a $5 tip on a $50 tab. I was shaking I was so upset. I think this was the most outrageous thing I've come across my four years there. So these three "kids" drinks were actually in our 16oz. to-go cups(the same cups we give any adult for a to-go drink) because they were all old enough for a bigger cup. We give free refills by the way. They were empty when I picked them up. The parents had a beer and a glass of wine, I checked on them numerous times. Offered to get them anything they needed, and they never wanted anything. Just a box and the check. I am still mesmerized by this. Where in this country can you walk in and ask for a 16oz. drink and expect it to be free? I say next time, order water for you overly hyper, screaming kids or leave them at home if you don't want to spend that much money. I work hard for my money, and I know my service was not the issue here. So please, don't tell me to steal from my boss in order to receive a better tip. I have more integrity than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment