It's Just Pizza!

Because complaining to your coworkers just isn't enough. A server's tales of all the laughs, cries, frustrations, and weirdos that walk into a small town pizza place.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How Are Y'all Doing Today?

Hi! I'm Sarah and I have spent the past four years of my college life working at a small town, family owned, pizza place. This eclectic, loud, and busy pizza joint has been both a blessing and burden on my life...and feet...not shoulders. The blessing started on July 1st, 2006, in the heart of the busy summer. I had no idea how this job would impact my life, but boy has it. Not only have I been blessed and fortunate enough to pay my way through college on tips alone, but I have met and befriended some of the most unique, and lovable people anyone could ask for. This place(the name will remain unsaid for security purposes) has been the basis for a lot of stress, laughter, frustration, joy, rage, personal strength, heartache, and love. Even though "it's just pizza," you wouldn't believe the craziness this staff endures. I decided to start this blog as a way to share some of those crazy stories and vent my frustrations. Stories about terrible tips from that day, the 80s songs that the some of the staff randomly breaks out in chorus to, and the extremely weird, the unbearably rude, the totally awesome, and the down right, "ugh, I hate that guy, you take him" customers. Because sometimes complaining to your coworkers just isn't enough.

I don't know how much longer I'll be working here, as I near graduation next spring, it may be one year or five(but let's hope I find a job in my major, Photography) regardless, I will always be thankful for this job, and for the second family that I have acquired over the years. I love you guys, and you know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment